FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
With your confirmation email you should have received a link to our online
waiver, if not please inform the front desk and we will have you fill one out
before your first appointment. Otherwise, just make sure to use the
restroom before your appointment so that you are comfortable during the
entire massage. Thai massage clients do need to wear layered loose
We recommend first time clients purchase our 90 Minute Introductory
Massage for the best results. Both our Introductory and Welcome Back
massages are discounted as we typically schedule the initial massage
and follow up massage 1 to 3 weeks from each other depending on the
needs of the client.
Our 60 Minute massage is a FULL 60 minutes. We start the clock when
you are on the table. Most massage facilities charge at the start of the
appointment time which means you get a 45 to 50 minute massage at
If you want a massage that is more than just a relaxing “feel good”
massage then you want one of our massages. Injury/ Chronic pain
massage moves past relaxation into healing. So whether you are stiff and
suffer from horrible posture after sitting at your desk all day, or are an
athlete with a pulled hamstring, our services are for you. We will work with
you not only to heal, but also to prevent further injuries and increase
We do not currently take insurance, although some insurance companies
do reimburse clients. We also do take Personal Injury cases and work
closely with Tarnic Chiropractic in order to better meet our client’s needs.
If you are receiving a Thai Massage please wear layered loose clothing.
Often called “lazy man’s yoga” Thai Massage is a clothed modality.
For all other therapies you can wear whatever you like.
For a therapeutic massage your therapist will recommend you dress
down to your comfort level, so WHATEVER that means for you. We do
recommend however, that if you find dressing down at all to be a very
uncomfortable notion-consider Thai Massage. Thai Massage is a fully
clothed modality, and is similar to assisted stretching. Remaining clothed
for a therapeutic massage will inhibit the work your therapist can do.
For Lomi Lomi we recommend watching a few YouTube videos before
scheduling. Our therapists are highly skilled in Traditional Lomi Lomi and
the draping technique is minimal and consists of a few cloths covering the
genitals and breasts for women. This is to allow for the flow of Lomi Lomi
as a therapist may flow from shoulder to ankle in a single movement.
Relax. If you feel like talking then talk. If you prefer that your therapist
does not talk let them know before the session that you prefer silence.
You will not offend our therapists either way. Also, please always speak
up if you feel any discomfort whatsoever. If the pressure is too deep, not
deep enough, or if you preferred the therapist stay away from certain
areas. Our therapists, while talented, cannot read minds, and nothing is
more distressing to a therapist to find that a client was uncomfortable in
any way during the massage. Please, always communicate with your
Low cost facilities are focused on quantity of clients. Typically they pay
their therapists a low wage and an “Hour Massage” ends up being only 45
to 50 minutes. A low pay wage means you never know how skilled of a
massage you will receive, and also that your therapist is often overworked
physically. Our pricing includes a 15 minute buffer in-between each
session so that our therapists not only have a few minutes to recoup, but
also so that you receive a full 60, 90, or 120 minute massage. Every time.
It also means that our therapists are better paid. Our therapists do not
have to physically over extend themselves to make a living, and we
ensure that we have highly skilled therapists.
Talking during the massage is always up to you. Before the massage
however, please alert your therapist of any injuries, even if they are
already listed on your waiver. Apart from any initial warnings, please also
speak up if you feel any physical discomfort or, feel uncomfortable in any
A therapeutic massage will feel different from a general Swedish
massage since the goal of each respective massage is different. General
Swedish massages are primarily geared towards relaxation, they are
primarily light pressure, and are usually very gentle. Therapeutic
massages utilize deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, and other
modalities geared towards healing. This isn’t to say that a therapeutic
massage will not be relaxing, we still have guests fall asleep on the table
(yes that is ok) during their therapeutic massages.
Most likely yes, you will feel a little sore after one of our massages. It
varies depending on your tension level, and the pressure requested. We
recommend that all of our clients prepare to take an Epsom salt bath
within 12 hours of their massage and we recommend plenty of water over
the next 24 hours. Make sure to drink your water gradually throughout
they day and not in sporadic large quantities.
Absolutely. We do recommend utilizing some time to ground yourself
immediately after your massage. If you do need to get somewhere quickly
consuming dark chocolate will help to bring you back to an aware state
after deep relaxation.
Scientifically this is called a “parasympathetic” response, it usually occurs
during periods of deep relaxation or even sleep. It is nothing to be
embarrassed about, or even nervous about. If it should happen to you
during a massage your therapist will most likely change technique slightly
and continue with the massage. Many men become so concerned about
non-sexual erections they avoid massage altogether, which is unfortunate
as it is very common, and not an issue with the therapist at all.
Therapists do have the right however to end a massage if they feel a
client is making sexual advances during their massage or is asking for
All of the above are reasons NOT to get a massage. Not only can
you infect your therapist and countless other individuals, but a
massage during a sickness can overwhelm your immune system;
causing nausea and an increase in symptoms.
Yes. Almost half of a therapists’ income is through tips, and although
many upscale massage facilities include gratuity automatically, we chose
to leave that to your discretion. The average tip we would recommend
would be 18% to 22% off of our regular pricing. Please be advised that
our Membership Prices, Packaged Deals, Introductory Massages, and
Welcome Back massages are all discounted rates.
Because we pay our therapists whether you show up to your appointment or not.
- Clients must provide 12 hours notice to cancel a massage.
- Clients who do NOT show to an appointment or fail to provide 12 hours notice will be charged a cancellation fee at a rate of $40/hour. This includes Pre-Paid clients, and is a more affordable option than forfeiting the massage.
- Cancellation fees are enforced to ensure quality therapist retention.
- Must be 18 or older to purchase
- Membership pricing does not include Gratuity
- Memberships may be shared with two other listed family members, or friends. (most companies only offer one)
- Membership dues will be charged monthly. Monthly massage credits roll over as long as the membership is active. Once the membership is cancelled the client has 30 days to use any accrued massages, after 30 days any leftover massages will be forfeit.
- Members enjoy additional discount pricing for any add-on massages within the month. Add-ons can be scheduled at any time within the month, or, can be added to massage time.
- Membership term is twelve months; members will be automatically renewed on a month to month basis at the end of their term unless the member provides 30 days written notice requesting non-renewal. To request non- renewal written notice must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a member wishes to cancel their Membership they must submit written notice by email to: email@example.com
- If a membership is to be canceled before the 12 month contract has expired the client will be charged for two additional months at their current rate on the day of their cancellation.
- Membership may be transferred in full once; the new member must submit information at least
7 days in advance to the next EFT date in order for transfer to complete.
- Memberships may be frozen for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 5 months.
- Memberships may be unfrozen at any time by the member. If the membership reaches the 5 month maximum the membership will automatically unfreeze. Once the account is unfrozen the Massage Term will extend by the amount of time the term was frozen. For example; if the membership was frozen for 3 months then the term will extend by 3 months.
- A member may not use accrued massages while the membership is frozen. In order to access accrued massages the member must unfreeze their membership. Once unfrozen a member cannot freeze their membership a second time until 60 days have passed.