My wife Melissa and I founded Twisted Tree Health to bring quality massage and healing to those seeking more than just the everyday “spa” massage. We are very passionate about health and wellness, and believe that the key to a long life is found through holistic practice and balance. Massage is so much more than a tool for relaxation; it can heal injuries, increase flexibility, correct misalignments prevent chronic pain, increase circulation, and so much more.
>It was Hippocrates who said, “The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and massage every day.” And while we realize a daily massage may be out of reach, we work hard to bring you quality massage to help you achieve a happy, healthy, and more fulfilling life.
Hello! My name is Olivia, I am a massage therapist. I have been with twisted tree health for over 2 years. My specialty would be deep tissue & sports massage. I am also certified to work with burn survivors. I absolutely love traveling & working with those who are suffering in pain. I love my career so much I feel like I’m not even working. How awesome is that.! I enjoy traveling, hiking, going to parks & more with my family. I can’t wait to help you & many more to relax that tension & stress you’re holding.
My name is Bret Parry I have been a Massage Therapist for over eight years. I specialize in Trigger Point Therapy, Cranial Sacral Therapy, TMJ Therapy, Ayurvedic wellness, Manual Osteopathy, Visceral Manipulation, etc. I believe the bodywork is a part of true healing and health. My family and I enjoy spending time together and playing board games. We are always up for a good barbeque.
My name is Cassidy Hough, and I have been a massage therapist for about 4 years. I am a native to Arizona and love to spend my time out doors hiking, camping, and sometimes even fishing! Recently I have started to do abstract painting! I specialize in injury rehabilitation, sports massage, stretching, and many more. I give each massage that is specifically designed for every individual that comes to see me and only to do so in a fashion that your body needs. I am not your every day therapist, each session I try to get to the root cause of your physical ailments rather then treating the symptoms. I aim for all of my clients to leave more relaxed then they came in, in less pain and happy with their massage.
My name is Aaron Gayda and I’ve been a licensed massage therapist for 4+ years now. Other than massage being a passion of mine, I also enjoy music. I play the guitar, piano, bass, and would love to learn many other instruments. What I love most about massage is the ability to help people. I got into this industry because of my desire to help my mom. She’s suffered through several accidents and surgeries which have severely taken their toll. With specialization in Structural Bodywork as well as Injury Rehabilitative Techniques I have helped her to function pain-free. Thanks to this experience, any time I see a client, old or new, I can assess and formulate a protocol best suited for you.
My name is Melanie Jackson, and I am a Licensed Esthetician and Educator, and an Ayurvedic Wellness Consultant. My biggest passion is in the holistic treatment of the skin, body, and mind. When I went to esthetics school in 2000, I was introduced to Ayurveda, the most ancient mind-body wellness system known to man. It is a five element based theory, focused on treating the root cause of imbalances, not the symptoms alone. Having had eczema my entire life, I have seen firsthand the damage chemically based treatments can have on the body, skin and mind. In 2015 I withdrew from 30 years of intermittent use of topical steroids, and was bedridden with chronic painful flares, spending most of my time in my bathtub. My return to health has been very gradual and nonlinear, and has forever changed me in its process. I am more determined than ever to help people to find their own Agni, or inner fire, to light their way towards the path of healing that is right for them elementally, as an individual.
When I’m not with clients, I get to be mama to two amazing children, exploring and rediscovering the wonder and beauty of life, through their eyes. The three of us are very eclectic in our tastes and love trying out new foods and experiences. When I need to fuel myself, I meditate, read, draw, dance… and MUSIC is the constant that is woven through them all. I love connecting with community and sharing what we know with each other, and am excited to be a part of the Twisted Tree family.
I am Samantha, born and raised in Mesa Arizona. I began my journey as a massage therapist almost 5 years ago. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I specialize in trigger point therapy, cranial sacral therapy, and many stretching techniques to help your body heal. I also love to incorporate eastern and western modalities together. I always say massage therapy isn’t just for a luxury life it’s a necessity to live a healthy happy life. I look forward to meeting you!
My name is Cori Hartt and I’ve been studying and practicing the healing arts for over two years. I’m passionate about holistic health care because I believe the body is an energetic system that should be treated as a whole and the healing process should be client driven. What I love most about the work I do, is that it compliments and enhances any other form of health care my client may be doing to better themselves. I love what I do, I’m thrilled to be at Twisted Tree Heath and I can’t wait to work with you!
- Polarity: Founded by Osteopath and Chiropractor Dr. Randolph Stone, Polarity Therapy is a holistic health system that utilizes hands on bodywork, communication, exercise and nutrition to relieve stress and tension in the body. It relies on the understanding that if stress and tension can be alleviated, the result is a state of healthy mind-body balance.
- Reiki: A gentle Japanese healing touch therapy for stress reduction and relaxation. It’s based on the belief that the body experiences illness when it is drained of essential life force energy. This holistic approach uses hand placements and physical touch to increase the bodies life force energy resulting in wellness and vitality.
- Yoga: a physical practice that combines breath, posture and mindfulness to increase strength, stamina and flexibility both on and off the mat.
- Yoga Nidra: Dynamic “sleep” meditation that develops mindfulness and increases physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
- Yoga Coaching: Yoga coaching focuses on our physical connection to the stories we store and tell. It helps to identify where, in our body, we hold pain and trauma and how we can begin to nurture, support and heal our stories and ourselves.
ON SITE CLINICAL HERBALIST
Alexis Poce, MS Therapeutic Herbalism
Clinical Herbalism Specialties:
- Digestion (acid reflux, , IBS, constipation)
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- Nutrition Services; including diet overhaul, consultation, shopping, and meal planning.
- Personalized tea formulas, tinctures and herbal capsules to assist in a variety of health concerns.
- Balms, salves, and topical treatments.
- Essential oils and body care products.